Questions of Sankirtan Prabhu from Bruno, CZ
Posted on April 12, 2011
Filed under ASK BVKS
1) Few devotees would like to prepare for second initiation. How shall I prepare them? Do you have some special requirements? I am aware of those standards presented on BVKS.COM. We do not have any brahminical tests in our yatra.
2) Common practice in CZ is to use flowers for several days as a decoration of the altar (if they still look fresh). Is that ok? I do not feel completely comfortable with it.
3) While taking prasadam in a house of one grhastha – they were not used to close the altar of Gaura Nitai deities while honoring prasadam. They told us that there is no harm of eating in front of Gaura-Nitai, because they like to see devotees honoring prasadam. This they have supposedly heard from Salem devotees. I have never heard this. Could you please comment?
4) If a devotee abandons his wife because he fell in love with another married woman and he starts to live with her – to which extend he shall be accepted by other devotees and community of vaisnavas? Is there any way to rectify this act? Can he lead a kirtan in the temple and so on?
5) Is there any authorized standard of purity for cooking in the kitchen regarding our clothing. In our yatra it is usually set up as a standard to have only completely clean clothing. One is not supposed to cook in the clothes in which he ate or passed water. I didn´t see these standards so strict in India. I personally follow that – but I am not sure what to set up here as a standard. Especially when we are worshiping Guru Gauranga altar in the preaching centre.